Worcester Honors Nomination Form
The Worcester Prep Alumni Association annually honors individuals who have been a special part of the Worcester Preparatory School legacy. Worcester Honors is an awards program that has been created to honor members of the Worcester family based on exceptional achievement in one of the following areas:
SERVICE TO WORCESTER
Recipients of the Service to Worcester award are individuals whose contributions to WPS have been significant in terms of advancing spirit and academic, along with demonstrating a strong commitment to the school. The recipient's dedication and service are such that the individual has changed the landscape of the school and helped shape the Worcester Prep of today. Persons eligible for this category include current or former faculty, staff, administrators and friends of the school.
Recipients of the Athletics Award are individuals who have excelled in athletics as a player, coach or administrator. For alumni, recognition may be for achievement during their WPS career or beyond. Persons eligible for this category include alumni, current and former coach staff and administrators.
The recipient of the Distinguished Alumni award is a graduate of Worcester Prep whose post-high school actions and achievements exemplify the tradition and spirit of the school. Outstanding achievement may be recognized in the recipient's professional, personal or philanthropic life. Persons eligible for this category include WPS alumni.
Criteria for Nomination and Selection of Award Winners:
- Nominee must be officially nominated with at least one completed nomination form.
- Consideration will be given to the number of official nomination forms received for a single nominee (each form must be completed by a different nominator to be included for consideration).
- Consideration will be given to the depth and detail provided in the Reasons for Nomination field.
- A small group of decision makers will be chosen to discuss and decide final winners. This group will include 3 alumni committee members who will be chosen at random (a committee member may not serve in this group consecutive years) and will always include the president and 1st vice president of the Alumni Association.
- Prior to final choices being made, the entire alumni committee will discuss the nominees and make recommendations to the small group.
Nominations must be submitted by February 14th to be considered for the 2018 event which will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at The Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel.